This Bacon Brown Sugar Asparagus is such a wonderful side dish. It is loaded with a sweet and savory flavor that pairs perfectly with the crisp asparagus. This is the perfect side dish for both special occasions and casual dinners. Jazz up your next vegetable side with this spectacular recipe!
Vegetable side dishes are a must at the dinner table and I love changing up the way they are presented. This recipe for Bacon Brown Sugar Asparagus is an absolute winner! It would be perfect for special occasions, holidays or even a casual dinner.
The bacon and brown sugar fuse together beautifully to produce a savory and sweet flavor that compliments the crisp asparagus. This is truly a special side that has become a new family favorite. This side dish was loved by all who tried it. I cannot rave enough about the taste and flavor and highly suggest giving this recipe a try!
- 6 strips of bacon
- about 30 pieces skinny asparagus, this number will vary based on the size of your asparagus. Mine were very thin.
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crispy. Remove bacon from skillet and blot with a paper towel. Chop the bacon and set aside.
- Add butter to the bacon fat and melt over medium high heat. Add garlic and asparagus.
- Cook asparagus for 4 minutes.
- Add brown sugar and bacon and cook until asparagus is tender.
- Serve immediately.
For more asparagus side dish recipes, check out these: