This Chicken and Wild Rice Soup is a quick and easy meal jam packed with yummy ingredients and flavor! It is sure to become an instant new family favorite!
This winter has been insane. We received several feet of snowfall in a short amount of time and then rain and warmer temperatures came. It is cold and wet and all I like to do on rainy and/0r snowy days is stay inside and watch it from my windows. These days I crave nothing but soup!
This Chicken and Wild Rice Soup recipe comes from my Aunt. Over Christmas Break my entire extended family got together and we had a soup and salad bar. My aunt made this soup and everyone went crazy over it! It was one of the most popular ones there. She so kindly gave me the recipe to share with all of you. Trust me, you are going to want to make this one ASAP!
This soup is loaded with such yummy ingredients and has a fantastic flavor. People won’t be able to stop coming back for second helpings :)
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1½ cups shredded carrots
- 1½ cups chopped celery
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1 box uncle Ben's wild rice
- 3 cups cooked and chopped chicken breasts
- 1 cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup chicken broth + 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- In a large pot add onion, carrots, celery and olive oil. Sauté for 3 minutes until tender.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add Uncle Ben's rice and cook until rice is tender.
- Add chicken and cook another 3 minutes.
- Add cream and cook for another 2 minutes.
- To thicken, in a small bowl combine ¼ cup chicken broth to 3 Tablespoons cornstarch. Add to pot and cook another 3 minutes.