Parmesan Garlic Asparagus
I often struggle when it comes to providing a tasty NEW veggie side dish for my family. With all the fresh produce in season, I had ample opportunity to branch out from the usual and try some new recipes on my family.
Growing up, asparagus was (and still is) one of my favorite vegetables! This is my favorite way to make it. Even thought it has very few ingredients, it is honestly so flavorful and I could easily eat a whole batch myself :)
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3-4 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated or shredded. I used grated.
- In a large skillet, heat butter until melted over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add asparagus to the skillet. Using a spatula, flip and stir to coat each asparagus with butter/garlic.
- Sprinkle asparagus evenly with salt.
- Cover and let cook for 10-15 minutes, or until asparagus is tender. Flip and turn asparagus one or two time throughout cook time.
- Once cooked, flip and turn asparagus one last time to evenly coat. Salt as needed to taste. Sprinkle tops of asparagus with Parmesan cheese. Serve warm.
(recipe adapted from All Recipes)
Mmm! I love cheesy asparagus! These look perfect!
I love finding new recipes for sides or trying a different way to make a veggie.
delicious and healthy, yum! I hope you will share this at my Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. xo
Mmmmm asparagus! I love how much garlic is in this recipe. I'm a garlic addict.
mmmm!!! Sounds DELICIOUS! Excited to try this :D
Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious
Asparagus is one of my favorite veggies! And this dish is amazing. I love the simplicity of it!
Emily @ Life on Food
I always roast asparagus. I love this non-oven version for the summer. Cannot wait to try it out.
How delicious. Asparagus is a favorite vegetable in our house! We love a sprinkle of Parmesan on roasted broccoli.
Love this recipe. Thanks so much.
capturing joy with kristen duke
I love a little asparagus in my life--my fave and hubby hates it! ;(
I have some asparagus in the refrigerator right now wondering what to do with it. I guess I'll be making this recipe! Thanks for sharing.
Looks delicious and that some amazing photography.
I just wanted you to know that I included your recipe in a collection of asparagus recipes that is on Simple Living and Eating today. I will be pinning and tweeting it this week too. http://www.simplelivingeating.com/2014/04/asparagus-recipes-seasonal-eating.html
Tried these out last night - they were delicious!!!
This is my favorite way to make asparagus. I also add Italian bread crumbs! :)
My family loves this but instead of butter we use olive oil and then drizzle lemon juice over the asparagus right after it comes out of oven. Tastes so yummy!
Anything Parmesan Garlic crusted I'm in! Especially asparagus, I love asparagus. This looks so yummy!!!
Leave a Comment