I often struggle when it comes to providing a tasty NEW veggie side dish for my family. With all the fresh produce in season, I had ample opportunity to branch out from the usual and try some new recipes on my family.
Growing up, asparagus was (and still is) one of my favorite vegetables! This is my favorite way to make it. Even thought it has very few ingredients, it is honestly so flavorful and I could easily eat a whole batch myself :)
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3-4 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated or shredded. I used grated.
- In a large skillet, heat butter until melted over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add asparagus to the skillet. Using a spatula, flip and stir to coat each asparagus with butter/garlic.
- Sprinkle asparagus evenly with salt.
- Cover and let cook for 10-15 minutes, or until asparagus is tender. Flip and turn asparagus one or two time throughout cook time.
- Once cooked, flip and turn asparagus one last time to evenly coat. Salt as needed to taste. Sprinkle tops of asparagus with Parmesan cheese. Serve warm.
(recipe adapted from All Recipes)