These Blueberry Cookie Crumble Bars are comprised of a shortbread cookie crust, a delicious blueberry filling, an excellent crumble over the top and are then drizzled with a creamy almond glaze. These are sure to be a hit anywhere they go!
I absolutely love desserts that can be served anywhere anytime of year. These Blueberry Cookie Crumble Bars are a hit for any occasion. They have a wonderful blend of textures and flavors.
Blueberry and almond pair so well together. These bars are a combo of gooey, chewy and crunchy. I am sure these will be loved by you just as they were by me and my family.
- 3 cups blueberries
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- 6 Tablespoons water
- 1½ Tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup cold butter
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 cup melted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- In a medium sauce pan add blueberries, water, sugar, lemon juice, and sugar. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until blueberries soften and filling thickens. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl cut cold butter into small pieces.
- Add oats, sugar, and flour.
- Using either a fork or your fingertips mix all ingredients together until well combined and crumbly.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with vegetable spray.
- In a medium bowl combine butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Mix well.
- Add flour and mix until it is just combined. Do not over mix.
- Press dough evenly into the bottom of the baking dish and bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until well set.
- Remove from oven and spread blueberry filling over the top of the crust.
- Sprinkle crumb topping over the filling and return to the oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- While bars are cooling, combine the glaze ingredients together in a bowl and mix well.
- When bars are cooled, drizzle the glaze over the top.
- Cut and serve.