This Creamed Asparagus is a quick, flavorful side dish perfect for any occasion. Whether it be a holiday or your own family dinner, this is a delicious way to prepare your vegetable side dish. A creamy sauce surrounds the tender asparagus and will leave everyone coming back for more.
Easter is coming up quickly, like a little over a month away, and I am already brainstorming the side dishes. Vegetable side dishes are something that I have really been trying to make more apart of your daily routine and sometimes, that means dressing them up a bit to get my kids to eat them.
Asparagus is one of my all time favorite vegetables!
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS TO EATING ASPARAGUS?
They are fibrous and loaded with vitamins along with numerous health benefits.
This Creamed Asparagus is something you would find at a restaurant. The flavor is marvelous. The cream sauce pairs perfectly with the tender yet crisp asparagus. This vegetable side dish is perfect for any occasion, whether it be something fancy like Easter or as simple as dinner with your own little family on a weekday. It whips up quickly and will become a new family favorite!
- 3 cups asparagus cut into 2 inch peices
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup four
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon chicken bullion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Cook asparagus for 3 minutes in boiling water, (until just tender).
- Drain asaparagus and set it aside.
- In a medium pan, melt butter and then add flour to form a roux and cook for 1 minute.
- Add milk and heavy cream.
- Stir in bullion, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and then add the asparagus back in.
- Serve as a side dish or over toast.