I owe my mom for finding this recipe for me! I have been so busy back and forth from the hospital that she has been such a help in having dinner ready for me when I go home to feed my baby. She made this for dinner, and I kid you not, every single person in my family LOVED it! And I mean everyone… My mom, dad, my brother, my two sisters, my brother in law, AND my picky 2 year old! My husband probably would have loved it too had he not been on a diet restriction at the time! This meal is SO easy to throw together (aren’t all crock pot meals?!) and has such a great flavor! Try it out… You are going to LOVE it!
(we doubled the original recipe, and even then we still wanted more! This is the doubled recipe)
Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
- 2.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 Tablespoons diced onion
- 4 Tablespoons ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 6 Tablespoons water
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Season both sides of chicken with lightly with salt and pepper, and place in the bottom of slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, add honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, garlic and pepper flakes and stir until well combined. Pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours, or just until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker, leave sauce. Dissolve 4 teaspoons of cornstarch in 6 tablespoons of water and pour into crock pot. Stir to combine with sauce.
- Replace lid and cook sauce on high for ten more minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces, then return to pot and toss with sauce before serving.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over rice or noodles.
(recipe form: Baby Center)