Wonton Chicken Salad
This Wonton Chicken Salad is a simple yet delicious salad that goes perfectly as a side or the star of the meal. The crisp wontons paired with chicken and the incredible dressing are such a tasty combination of flavors, ingredients and textures!
Salads are one of my favorite foods to enjoy in the summertime! I love the freshness and the crisp bites. This Wonton Chicken Salad is one of my all time favorite salads! This recipe comes from my grandma’s cookbook of family recipes. I have been enjoying this salad since I was a small girl!
The dressing is such an important part of this salad. It gives it a wonderful flavor without being to overbearing.
The dressing paired with those crisp fried wontons and juicy chicken keeps it simple yet packed with flavor! This is always a crowd favorite whenever I make it! There is a reason this salad has stood the test of time in my family. It. Is. AMAZING!
This is one of those salads you are going to want to make again and again! You won’t believe your tastebuds unless you try this for yourselves! And if you are looking for one of my other favorite summertime salads, give this BBQ CHICKEN SALAD a try! It is seriously the BEST of its kind!
- 6 ounces wontons, cut into thirds
- oil to fry wontons
- 8 cups lettuce, I use a combination of Romaine and iceberg
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 1½ cups cooked and chopped chicken
- ¼ cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon accent seasoning
- 2½ teaspoons salt
- Heat oil in deep sauce pan to 375 degrees F.
- Deep fry wontons, a few at a time, 2 to 3 minutes, or until brown and crispy.
- Drain on a paper towel.
- Combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- In a large salad bowl add lettuce, green onions, chicken, sesame seeds, and fried wontons. Toss well.
- Add enough dressing to your personal desire.
- Store remaining dressing in the refrigerator.
Leave a Comment