My mom recently took a trip with her sisters, their kids and my younger two siblings. On their way to Mount Rushmore, they stopped at a delightful restaurant called, Perkins. My mom ordered a BBQ chicken Salad with a Chipotle Dressing and knew she had to recreate it as soon as she got back home.
My family went and visited them a couple weeks ago and she made this incredible salad for us. Oh. My. Gosh. Let me just tell you about this salad. The textures and flavors compliment one another perfectly. The chipotle ranch dressing is probably my new favorite dressing. Together with the BBQ sauce, it will make this one salad you won’t forget and will have to make over and over again!
- 6 cups of your favorite lettuce mixture
- 3 grilled chicken breasts, sliced
- ¾ cup Colby jack shredded cheese
- 10 pieces of cooked bacon, cut into bite sizes
- 4 boiled eggs, cooled and sliced
- 1 cup tortilla strips
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ½ cup of your favorite barbecue sauce to drizzle over top, I like Sweet Baby Rays
- ½ cup mayo
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chipotle seasoning
- Combine all Chipotle Ranch ingredients and mix well to create dressing.
- Layer Lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, bacon, eggs, chicken, tortilla strips, BBQ sauce and Chipotle Ranch Dressing (May not want to use all of the dressing, it stores great in the fridge for later use).