These Soft and Chewy Double Chocolate Cookies are rich, delicious and LOADED with chocolate! With a chocolate cookie base and chocolate chips this is truly a chocolate lover’s cookie. They taste like a brownie in cookie form.
Chocolate is my happy food. I love it in all its varieties. I have been wanting a cookie that tasted like a brownie and here it is. This will be one of the most soft, chewy and moist cookies you will ever try!
It is loaded with chocolate and has a rich and delicious flavor.
If you love chocolate then you absolutely need to try these Soft and Chewy Double Chocolate Cookies. They are truly a chocolate lover’s cookie and are absolutely fantastic!
- 10 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt baking chocolate in 30 second increments, stirring between each increment until melted and smooth. Let cool.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, and sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat again until smooth.
- Add cooled melted baking chocolate and stir until mixed completely.
- Sift flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder together and add to butter and sugar mixture.
- Mix until just blended. Do not over mix.
- Stir in chocolate chip.
- Let dough rest for 10 minutes. This allows dough to set up.
- Place dough on cookie sheets in 1 inch to 1½ inch balls, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet for 2 minutes. It allows the cookies time to set up.
Other posts you may like: