This Coconut Lime Sheet Cake has a delicious fruity citrus flavor. Both flavors are subtle and not too overbearing, but they really make this cake extraordinary. Coconut and Lime are two flavors meant for each other and pair nicely in this recipe. It is moist and will instantly become a new favorite!
I love fresh flavors this time of year. Lime and Coconut pair extremely well together and make this cake SO delicious.
Both flavors play a subtle role, but when paired together combine for one exquisite mouthful. The cake is so moist and the frosting is so creamy. The toasted coconut on top adds a marvelous texture to each bite.
This cake was adored by all and I am certain you will love it too :)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon coconut extract
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons sugar plus ½ teaspoon lime zest
- 2 cups toasted coconut
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray baking sheet with vegetable spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour and sugar and whisk together.
- In a microwavable bowl combine butter and water and microwave on high until the butter is melted.
- Add hot liquid to flour and sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add buttermilk and stir again.
- Add baking soda and stir again.
- Add eggs and coconut extract and mix again.
- Pour into cookie sheet and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until cake is done. (It will bounce back to the touch when it is done.)
- Cool completely and the frost. Sprinkle lime sugar over the top of the frosting. Then sprinkle toasted coconut over the top.
- Mix all ingredients in medium mixing bowl and beat until creamy and smooth.
- To make lime sugar:
- Combine sugar and lime zest and rub the zest into the sugar with your fingers until well blended.
Other recipes you may like: