Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken… this recipe is SO simple and packed with the most delicious flavor! It is perfect served over noodles or rice!
Now that school is back in session, I am always about the easy dinners. Because when the kids start rolling in the door, just a couple hours before dinner time, things just don’t settle down. To have it already cooking makes my life SO much easier!
This Slow Cooker Cream Italian Chicken is one of the easiest recipes you can make! I love creamy recipes and this chicken is perfect complimented with rice or noodles.
Funny story. After you have been blogging for 5 and a half years and loading the recipe index with recipes, you sometimes forget that you may have a similar recipe. As I was typing this up, I realized I have a Slow Cooker Italian chicken recipe that is pretty similar to this one. BUT this one has different proportions and does not have cream of chicken soup, and is honestly in my opinion much tastier- so I thought I would share it anyways :)
It was actually inspired from this Creamy Italian Penne Pasta with Vegetables recipe I posted a couple weeks back. I absolutely LOVED the flavor of the dish and decided to make a slow cooker chicken version!
Definitely put this recipe on your must make list! It is absolutely DELICIOUS!
- 2½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 envelopes Italian Salad Dressing & Recipe Mix, dry
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place chicken on the bottom of slow cooker.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning over chicken.
- Pour chicken broth over chicken and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours.
- During the last 15 minutes of cooking, add cream cheese and then stir and slightly shred.
- Spoon over pasta or rice.