A hearty and delicious beef stew that is loaded with yummy vegetables and incredible flavor! This is a great meal for busy days!
This past week has been absolutely CRAZY at my house. SO much to do and so little time. My check list has been eating away at me and I have been feeling a little burnt out.
With all the busy activities going on at my house, my slow cooker has come to my rescue more than once over the last week. I am so grateful for that wonderful appliance.
This Slow Cooker Beef Stew is loaded with yummy vegetables and flavor. My family had nothing but the best praises for this recipe! It is hearty and delicious. The best part is that it cooks for 6-8 hours and can be thrown together in the slow cooker in no time at all. Then it does all the cooking for you while you get all the other items on the check list crossed off ;)
I know you will love this recipe just as much as we did! It is truly incredible!
- 3½ lbs stew meat
- 3 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 4 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 cubes beef bouillon
- 2 cups frozen peas
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients expect for peas and stir.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Add peas to stew 10 minutes before serving for firmer peas. For less firm peas, add the peas 20-30 minutes before.
- For thicker stew, combine 4 Tablespoons water with 2 Tablespoons mesa flour (or regular flour) in a small bowl. Stir into stew 10 minutes before serving.