This Samoa Cheese Ball is loaded with caramel, chocolate and coconut and is such a delightful sweet treat! It is served with shortbread cookies and is great for any party or get together!
Game days are picking up again and I love it! I love watching sports and I love getting together with friends and family. I am always thinking of new fun things to serve people at these events. I like appetizer food and food that are quick and easy to access. That’s when this idea came to me.
Samoa cookies are one of my favorite cookies. If you couldn’t tell by now on the blog, I recreate a lot of “Samoa” themed recipes. Some include Samoa Sheet Cake, Samoa Pudding Cookies, Samoa Eclair Cake, Samoa Thumbprint Cookies… and a whole bunch more!
This dip begins with a caramel cream cheese base and is stuffed with toasted coconut and chocolate chips. It is then rolled in additional toasted coconut and more chocolate chips and drizzled with caramel and melted chocolate. It is absolutely heavenly and a must try for your next get together!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup high quality ready to use caramel, melted and mostly cooled, I use Peter's Caramel
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup toasted coconut
- caramel ice cream topping
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon shortening
- Shortbread cookies for dipping
- In a large mixing bowl combin cream cheese and caramel. Beat until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and beat again.
- Add ½ cup of the mini chocolate chips and mix again.
- Form a ball and place ball in plastic wrap. Place the ball in the freezer for 1 to 2 hours, or until firm.
- On a large plate, mix together the remaining chocolate chips and the toasted coconut.
- Remove the cheese ball from the freezer and unwrap the plastic wrap.
- Roll the cheese ball in the coconut mixture.
- Place cheese ball on a serving plate.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and shortening and heat in 30 second increments, stirring between each increment, until chocolate is smooth and melted.
- Drizzle melted chocolate and caramel ice cream topping over the top of cheese ball.
- Serve with shortbread cookies and graham cookies.