I have a huge love for Nutella. Seriously. That stuff is chocolate gold to me.
I may or may not eat it by the spoonful from time to time, and I may have caught my son following in my footsteps on occasion as well. He will come around the corner, mouth and lips covered in his chocolate guilt and as mad as I want to get, I can’t help but smile. Smile, because I’ve been there. Almost daily, actually ;)
This Nutella Bundt Cake, though. Oh. My. Gosh. It is BEYOND moist and is seriously a chocolate lover’s dream come true. Each and every bite is utter perfection.
The Nutella Cream Cheese Frosting. Heaven. I don’t know how else to describe the flavor other than a complete show stopper, jaw dropping, mouth watering frosting. Alls I’m saying- is that I wish it were more socially acceptable to lather just about everything I eat in it :)
Not only is this recipe beyond yummy, but the presentation is a stand out, too! It received countless compliments all around and will definitely be a recipe I make OVER and OVER again!
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 small box Chocolate Pudding Mix (3.9 ounces)
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup Nutella
- ¾ cup Oil
- ¾ cup Water
- ½ cup Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup Nutella
- chopped hazelnuts for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together for 3 minutes on high. Pour into a greased bundt pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let sit in pan for 5 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack.
- In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and Nutella and beat on high until creamy.
- Scoop frosting into a large ziplock bag and cut a hole in the corner of the bag, you can also use a piping bag with a large round tip as well.
- When cake is cooled, pipe the frosting over the cake in a back and forth method.
- Sprinkle chopped hazel nuts over the top.