Samoa Thumbprint Cookies
As you can tell, Samoa Cookies are my most favorite of the Girl Scout Cookies. Honestly- what is not to love about shortbread, caramel, coconut and chocolate?! A mix of my favorite things!
With Girl Scout Cookie season around the corner, I have been making a lot of recipes inspired by that incredible cookie and this is another one- and it is DIVINE!
The cookie is soft- not a crispy shortbread. They have a gooey caramel center and the cookie itself is a delicious toasted coconut and semi-sweet chocolate drizzle. They truly are fantastic! I could not stop eating them! Seriously, this is one cookie you are definitely going to want to make!
- 2 cups toasted coconut
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- 14 ounces Peter's caramel (it comes in a block at kitchen specialty stores) or Kraft Caramel Cubes
- 2 Tablespoons evaporated milk
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 Tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix both the toasted and sweetened coconuts together, reserving ¼ cup to garnish, on a large plate and set aside.
- In a small bowl place the slightly beaten eggs and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar and cream together. Add vanilla and beat again. With mixer on low, gradually add flour and salt and beat until just combined.
- Roll dough into 1¼ inch balls, then roll them in the egg mixture and then roll them in the coconut mixture and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Make an indentation with your thumb or a round spoon in the center of each ball and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and once again press spoon into the cookies and return to the oven for another 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on cooling racks.
- While cookies are cooling place caramel and evaporated milk in a microwaveable bowl on high for 1 minute. Stir and repeat in 30 second increments until it is smooth, stirring in between each increment.
- Fill the cookies with enough caramel to fill the indention.
- In another small microwavable bowl combine chocolate and cream. Heat for 1 minute and stir. Repeat in 30 second intervals until chocolate is smooth, stirring between each increment. Pour into a ziplock bag and snip off the end and drizzle chocolate over the cookies and sprinkle reserved toasted coconut over the top.
Averie @ Averie Cooks
You are the biggest Samoas fan ever and I love all your Samoas recipes! These look wonderful - pinned!
I pinned this yumminess and I will be sharing at Katherines Corner on Tuesday. Hugs and God bless.
Thank you for sharing. These look so good. I'm sure no one would argue about the taste either. Thank you
I have had Martha's recipe "on-deck" for awhile and never thought to put a Samoa spin on it. I will be making your gorgeous recipe this weekend!! Thank you!
These cookies look amazing! I love the Samoas Girl Scout cookies, as well, but please, no Caramel De-Lites. Well, the husband once brought home the Caramel De-Lites because he was helping out a coworker with his daughter's cookie sales. I still ate them but they're not quite as good as Samoas ;-)
Would these freeze? I need to take a bunch of cookies to an event and will not have time the day of to make. These look delish!
The Recipe doesn't say how many cookies this will yield...Can anyone tell me please?
I got 59 using a small cookie scoop
I got 59
Leave a Comment