Chicken Pot Pie Soup
This Chicken Pot Pie Soup is a fun spin on a classic comfort food recipe! It is loaded with everything you love about the original and even has pie crust pieces on top!
I can’t even handle the cold temperatures we have been having so far this year. A few days ago, it said -17 degrees F. Yes NEGATIVE 17. It is too cold to even step outside. All we want to do is bunker down in blankets and watch movies or reruns of our favorite shows.
When it gets cold, especially THIS cold, there is nothing I love more than a bowl of soup or one of my favorite comfort foods. This Chicken Pot Pie Soup combines soup with a classic and the end result was delicious. My personal favorite part was the pie crust pieces.
This was a winner all around the dinner table. If you are looking for a new dinner that will quickly soar to a new favorite, give this one a try! It is DELICIOUS!
- Pie Crust, homemade or store bought
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, sliced into bite size pieces
- ⅓ cup flour
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ½ teaspooons poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes, crumbled
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Pie Crust
- Cut Pie crust into bite size pieces. Bake according to directions until pieces are golden brown in color. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a large pan melt butter and add onion and carrots. Cook on high for about 4 minutes, then add the flour. Cook for another minute and then add water and chicken broth. Stir until smooth. Add poultry seasoning, salt, bouillon, and chicken. Bring to a boil. Stir in peas and cook 1 more minute. Serve and garnish with pie crust pieces.
Oh yes ! This soup gives everything I need for a week dinner. Thank you and have a pleasant day !
Michelle @ Modern Acupuncture
Love that you used rotisserie chicken! Looking forward to trying this; it's perfect for the frigid weather we've been having in Upstate NY lately!
-17? That's a thing? And to think we are all bundled up here in Phoenix when it's in the 50's. Wow! This soup looks amazing, my kids aren't big soup fans, but as much as they love pot pie, I think this one will be a hit.
Yum! This soup looks so comforting!
This may be my new favorite soup. It is absolutely delicious. I'll definitely be making this again!
I loved this recipe, but I added about 3/4 cup of heavy cream. It was delicious
Are there potatoes in this recipe? Thanks, sounds delicious.
I made this! Perfect ✌
Leave a Comment