Pineapple Upside Down Cake is hands down one of my all-time favorite cakes! Caramel sauce, yellow cake, pineapple and cherries… I mean, whats not to love?!
This recipe couldn’t be easier! It whips up in no time at all and is eaten almost faster than its made! Every time we make this recipe, people can’t stop gobbling it up! It is a total crowd pleaser and a beautiful presentation with the pops of red color.
If you have not tried this cake yet, I highly encourage you to do so! You a will absolutely LOVE it!
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 yellow cake mix plus ingredients recipe calls for, prepared as directed on the box
- 7-8 slices pineapple rings
- 7-8 maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour melted butter on the bottom of a 10" round pan. Sprinkle brown sugar over butter. Place pineapple slices over the brown sugar. Put a marachino cherry in the center of each pineapple ring.
- Prepare cake as directed on the box an pour into pan. Bake according to box directions.
- After cake is done cooking and has cooled for a few minutes. Flip it carefully out of pan onto a serving platter.