Sometimes meat can taste savory and sometimes it can be on the sweeter side. This Crispy coconut chicken is on the sweeter side and a delicious change to our usual dinner routine. The crispy outside provides a wonderful texture and crunch to each bite.
We paired it with a Pina Colada Dipping Sauce to complete the tropical flavor. It was a wonderful flavor addition. You can choose to dip it in whatever you would like.
If you need an easy meal that is simple to make and the family will enjoy, give this one a try!
- 12 boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons hot sauce (I like Franks)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup crushed pineapple (drained well)
- ¼ cup pina colada non alcoholic drink mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- Combine ingredients for Marinade and pour into a ziplock bag. Place the 12 chicken tender in the ziplock bag, place in the fridge and marinate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine Chicken Coating ingredients in a large bowl.
- Remove chicken from bag and roll each strip in the coconut mixture and place on a foil lined cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until the juices run clear.
- To make the pina colada dipping sauce, combine crushed pineapple, pina colada drink mix and sour cream in a small bowl. Dip crispy coconut chicken in sauce.
Adapted from Food.com