And here I am back with a new addition to the Chicken Pillow Family… and get this my hubby rated it pretty dang close to the original chicken pillows which are his ultimate hubby favorite.
These pillows combine his favorite appetizer, Buffalo Dip, with his favorite meal, Chicken Pillows and top it with a a sauce that compliments the buffalo flavor perfectly. The Blue Cheese cream sauce is the perfect way to finish off and complete the meal. You could even stuff some blue cheese into the pillows if you wanted to! My husband isn’t too big on blue cheese so I thought I would keep these pretty simple. My kids gobbled these chicken pillows right up!
If you are looking for an easy, fast and delicious dinner even your pickiest of eaters will love, MAKE THIS!
- 1 (8 oz.) can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 8 oz. Cream cheese, softened
- ⅛ cup Frank's Buffalo Sauce
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 sleeve of Saltine Crackers, finely crushed
- Blue Cheese Cream Sauce (recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Soften 8 oz. block of cream cheese in microwave and stir to a smooth consistency. Add cooked shredded chicken and Franks buffalo sauce to the bowl and stir to evenly combine.
- Lay out the 8 crescents on a cookie sheet. Stretch the crescent out one at a time.
- Place a couple spoon fulls of the creamy chicken mixture into the center of the crescent to fill it. Then fold the crescent around the mixture so that none of it is showing. I'll call this the "pillow". Repeat for remaining 7 crescent rolls.
- In a separate smaller bowl, combine the egg and water and beat together.
- Dip the "pillow" into the blended egg. After dipping into the blended egg, proceed to dip it into the crushed saltine crackers and place on cookie sheet. Repeat for the remaining 7 "pillows".
- Cook the pillows at 400 F for 20 minutes. Keep an eye on them your oven might cook them quicker.
- Top with sauce: see recipe below. (NOTE: you can always leave out the blue cheese if you don't care for it)
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups heavy cream (half and half or milk will work too)
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½-1 cup blue cheese, more or less depending on personal preference. You could also omit this ingredient if you do not care for it.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Once butter is melted, add flour and stir to combine. Let cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add heavy cream slowly to butter stirring in a little at a time until all has been added. Let thicken while stirring continuously so as not to scotch the milk.
- Once thickened, remove from heat and add garlic salt, onion powder and blue cheese. Stir to evenly combine.
- Pour over the tops of Buffalo Chicken Pillows.
If you like this recipe, then you will LOVE these: