You guys. This. Recipe. Is. Amazing. End of story.
Chex cereal is coated in a chocolate-caramel mixture, mixed with chopped Twix candy bars and coated in shortbread cookie crumbs… Does it get any more delicious than that? I am going to have to go with a big fat no on that one.
Funny story about these :) My best friend Alyssa from The Recipe Critic and I were talking about upcoming blog posts and discovered we had a similar recipe… these delicious bad boys. So we decided to share them on the same day. Isn’t funny how best friends can be on similar wave lengths?
If you love chocolate, if you love caramel, if you love shortbread… and most importantly if you love Twix, this is the recipe for you!
- 6 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 2½ cups finely ground shortbread cookies, I used Lorna Doone brand and used a food processor
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup butter
- 6 oz. caramel bits
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 3 Twix candy bars (6 Twix sticks total), chopped
- Measure out Chex cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, melt semi-sweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and butter. Stir until smooth and completely melted. Set aside.
- Combine caramel bits and heavy cream in a medium micro-wave save bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring at each increment, until melted and smooth. Add to melted chocolate and stir to combine. If needed you might have to put back on the burner to heat them together nicely.
- Pour over Chex cereal and gently stir and toss until all cereal is well coated.
- Add chopped Twix and gently stir to evenly distribute throughout muddy buddies.
- Evenly pour finely ground shortbread cookies over cereal and gently stir and toss to coat all the cereal.