Twix Muddy Buddies
You guys. This. Recipe. Is. Amazing. End of story.
Chex cereal is coated in a chocolate-caramel mixture, mixed with chopped Twix candy bars and coated in shortbread cookie crumbs… Does it get any more delicious than that? I am going to have to go with a big fat no on that one.
Funny story about these :) My best friend Alyssa from The Recipe Critic and I were talking about upcoming blog posts and discovered we had a similar recipe… these delicious bad boys. So we decided to share them on the same day. Isn’t funny how best friends can be on similar wave lengths?
If you love chocolate, if you love caramel, if you love shortbread… and most importantly if you love Twix, this is the recipe for you!
- 6 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 2½ cups finely ground shortbread cookies, I used Lorna Doone brand and used a food processor
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup butter
- 6 oz. caramel bits
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 3 Twix candy bars (6 Twix sticks total), chopped
- Measure out Chex cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, melt semi-sweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and butter. Stir until smooth and completely melted. Set aside.
- Combine caramel bits and heavy cream in a medium micro-wave save bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring at each increment, until melted and smooth. Add to melted chocolate and stir to combine. If needed you might have to put back on the burner to heat them together nicely.
- Pour over Chex cereal and gently stir and toss until all cereal is well coated.
- Add chopped Twix and gently stir to evenly distribute throughout muddy buddies.
- Evenly pour finely ground shortbread cookies over cereal and gently stir and toss to coat all the cereal.
Averie @ Averie Cooks
I love Twix so much! And I do that with a couple close blogging friends, neither of us will post a banana bread recipe for like 6 mos. And then we do it on the same day! Repeatedly :) Cant wait to see what Alyssa made. Your photography is stunning, Nikki! Pinned
Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie
Stinking brilliant! I now want to make muddy buddies ot of all my favorite candy bars.
Can I just stare at this pic all day? So pretty. I would love to see your lighting/photo setup sometime to see how you catch that beautiful light.
What are caramel bits?
Chef in Training
They are made by Kraft and found down the baking aisle. If your store doesn't carry them you can substitute unwrapped caramel cubes oz. for oz.
Emily @ Life on Food
The coating looks so thick and sweet. Definitely my kind of muddy buddies. yum, yum!
Jenn @ Deliciously Sprinkled
I love muddy buddies and I love Twix bars, so I am pretty much in heaven right now! This looks amazing and I need to make THIS right now! Thanks for sharing, pinned :)
Emily @ It Bakes Me Happy
Nikki you had me at TWIX, oh boy this looks amazing!
capturing joy with kristen duke
How did we not get to chat longer than 5 seconds last weekend? Really, what tips did you need to come to my class for??? This pic is FAB, email me if you have specific questions, or maybe you were just hoping to hear a new spin on something.
Leave a Comment