The Best Croissant Bread Pudding… This recipe is easily the BEST bread pudding I have ever made! The flavor is absolute perfection! The croissants provide a buttery flakey texture that just melts in your mouth. The caramel Buttermilk Syrup that is poured over the top of the bread pudding truly completes the dish!
In Utah, there is an amazing hotel called, The Grand America. I have stayed there a couple times, but it wasn’t until my most recent time that I tried their OUTRAGEOUSLY delicious bread pudding. It was like the ultimate tastebud experience. No joke.
My mom stayed there a couple weeks ago and called me raving about their bread pudding. We both went on and on about just how tasty it was and were trying to put our finger on what exactly knocked this bread pudding out of the park.
Well a couple things.
- It uses croissants. This is pure genius! Every bread pudding recipe I have tried or created has not had this vital ingredient. The buttery flakiness of the croissants is what helps to give this its unique texture.
- They syrup. The caramel flavored syrup. It is the nectar of heaven.
My mom did it. She created this exact copy cat. It literally tastes identical and I could hardly wait to share the recipe with all of you.
Trust me. This will be THE BEST bread pudding you ever have the pleasure of trying. Yes that is a huge claim, but it is the truth. And once you try it, you will happily concur.
We used our AMAZING Buttermilk Syrup recipe, only in order to give it more of a caramely flavor, we subbed the regular sugar out for brown sugar and let me assure you, it is out of this world.
This would be the most incredible holiday breakfast or dessert. Your company will be BEGGING you for the recipe :)
- 10 cups croissant rolls, Cooked, cut into one inch pieces
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place croissant cubes in the bottom of pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine milk, heavy cream, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon. Whisk until smooth and well blended. Pour over the top of cubed croissants.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes.
- In medium sauce pan over medium heat, combine butter, brown sugar and buttermilk. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes, or until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and baking soda and vanilla.
- Serve over bread pudding.