Strawberry Nutella Eclair Cake
This summer has been SO busy. I am awaiting the weekend I can just take it easy and have “no plans” that I am committed to. It isn’t a bad thing, but it seems every weekend is something… a reunion, a family picture, a birthday party, a family get together- you name it. It is keeping us busy though and the kids alway shave something to count down to.
Speaking of my cute kiddos, one thing they have not been able to get enough of this summer is strawberries. Aside from bananas, it is their favorite fruit. I always have them on hand. They are actually what inspired this yummy version of eclair cake. Let me introduce you to the Strawberry Nutella Eclair Cake.
At a local crepery, they have this particular crepe filled with custard, nutella and strawberries. The combo is obviously heavenly. So why not transfer that into an eclair cake?! I mean, it is a recipe destined to be hit! Sure enough it was!
This cake makes for the PERFECT summer treat!
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 small boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 4 cups heavy cream
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- ¾ cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Boil water and butter together in a medium sauce pan. Remove from heat and add the flour and sugar and beat with hand mixer. Add eggs one at a time and beat after each addition.
- Spray jellly roll pan with cooking spray and spread mixture evenly over pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes. Cool completely
- In a medium mixing bowl add pudding, cream and milk and beat until thick. Spread over cooled eclair cake.
- Arrange stawberries over bavarian cream.
- In a small mirowavable bowl heat Nutella for 25 seconds and spoon into a ziplock bag and snip off the corner and pipe nutella over the strawberries.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
OMGoodness -- you've done it again! Make me want to hurry up and get home from this deployment so I can try THIS recipe too! Thank you for the great recipes, amazing photos and fun selection of delectable delights to enjoy!!
What size jelly roll pan please?
Mine was 12 by 17.
Looks like a really great summer treat.. Pudding cream and strawberries.. Yummy!
This looks AMAZING! My kids would die for this!
This looks heavenly! What a brilliant idea! I can never seem to get enough of Nutella, and it goes so great with strawberries. I'll definitely be making this!
Wow!! I saw this yesterday morning and made it last night! You whole family loved it, they even asked for seconds. Thanks for this delicious, beautiful, easy dessert that serves so many!
I try not to be a picky person, but in middle age I find your print very difficult to read, but love your recipes. Any chance you could darken your font, please?
Leave a Comment