Is your zucchini in full bloom?! Most of us are desperately looking for yummy and different ways to use up our zucchini crop. Don’t get me wrong, zucchini bread is always my go-to, but it is SO nice to change things up once and a while!
These Chocolate Zucchini Banana muffins are adapted from my Chocolate Banana Muffin recipe and they turned out fabulously. In fact, this will become a new zucchini regular at our house.
The muffins are perfectly most and the the texture and flavor combo is delicious! My kids, once again, gobbled up these muffins without even noticing the zucchini. I love when that happens :) In fact they were asking for seconds almost as soon as I set down their first muffin.
This is one recipe you will DEFINITELY have to try out for yourselves! Believe me, you will be SO happy you did… and so will everyone else who gets to sample them :)
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ cups zucchini, grated and well drained
- 1¾ cups flour
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Sugar for sprinkling on tops
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine bananas, oil, egg, and zucchini large mixing bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, sift together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder. Add to banana/zucchini mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into greased or lined muffin tins. Sprinkle the tops of each muffin with 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees F.