Pineapple Upside Down Cake is one of my favorite desserts.
I love how each and every bite is infused with a brown sugar pineapple sauce and how it melts in my mouth!
The flavor is magical.
This trifle takes every component that makes that cake special and transforms it into a delicious, beautiful, new dessert.
If you are looking for an incredible dessert to serve your company… look no further!
This trifle is a show stopper. Anyone who loves Pineapple Upside Down Cake is going to go CRAZY for this trifle!
- 1 yellow cake, and ingredients it calls for
- 12 ounces cool whip
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- (2) 20 ounce cans pineapple chunks, drained. (reserve 5 Tablespoon of juice)
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 5 Tablespoons reserved pineapple juice
- Mix as the package directs. Pour batter into a spayed cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 16 to 20 minutes or until cake springs back to the touch. Set aside and cool.
- In a medium sauce pan melt butter. Add brown sugar, and drained pineapple. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Add drained pineapple. In a small bowl stir reserved pineapple juice with cornstarch. Slowly pour into the butter, pineapple mixture. Return to a boil and cook for about 15 minutes until mixture begins to thicken. Cool completely.
- Cut the cooled cake into 1 inch cubes.
- In a trifle bowl place ⅓ of the cake on the bottom of the bowl.
- Pour ⅓ of the cooled pineapple sauce over the top of cake.
- Spread ⅓ of the cool whip over the top of the pineapple sauce.
- Repeat the layers two more times.
- Garnish with maraschino cherries.