Well, Well, Well,…. look what we have here! Another crumb crispy family member today! Before I dive in to today’s post, I will explain what a “Crumb Crispy” actually is. It is basically a dessert pizza. It uses Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Rolls and turns them into something spectacular! The original sugar crumb crispy recipe came from my grandma and is in our family cook book. I have made several adaptions- like the Cake Batter Crumb Crispies, Raspberry Cobbler Crumb Crispies, Oreo Crumb Crispies… just to name a few!
I know you were just introduced to one last week, but I have been waiting and waiting to share this one with you. I made these a couple weeks back when I made the Raspberry Cobbler Crumb Crispies, but obviously couldn’t share both of them on the same day :) After the long wait, I won’t withhold it from you anymore ;) I love all the “crumb crispies” because they whip up in minutes. Literally. Very little effort for a delicious snack, breakfast or dessert!
These are absolutely fantastic. I used graham cracker crumbs in place of flour in my original sugar crumb crispy recipe. Topped with marshmallow bits and mini chocolate chips, this crumb crispy recipe brings s’more to a whole new level. They are drizzled with a marshmallow buttercream that sends it into sweet perfection overload.
Yesterday, I saw I Wash, You Dry did a S’more Version of my Sugar Crumb Crispy recipe about a week ago. Even though I made mine before seeing hers and there are a few differences, I want to give a little shout out because I am honored she used my Sugar Crumb Crispy recipe for her adaption. Hers look fantastic too!
This would make a wonderful after school snack for your kiddos or just a new and fresh way to enjoy the s’more flavors we have all come to love. With summer soon leaving, this will be a good recipe to keep around!
- ¼ cup COLD butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (8 oz.) can Pillsbury Refrigerated GRAND Crescent Rolls
- ¼ cup mini marshmallow bits
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp. marshmallow creme
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2-3 Tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Cut in butter to sugars and graham cracker crumbs.
- On an ungreased cookie sheet, separate crescent roll dough into 8 triangles.
- Sprinkle graham cracker/sugar crumbs on top of each crescent.
- Next, evenly sprinkle the marshmallow bits and mini chocolate chips over the top of crescent rolls.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 8-12 minutes.
- After they were cooked and cooled, I cut them into smaller triangles but you can leave them big too!
- To make glaze: Blend together all the glaze ingredients and drizzle over S'more Crumb Crispies.