Sugar Crumb Crispies will always be one of my family’s favorite breakfasts/after school snacks. As a mom, they are a favorite because they take about 20 minutes- start to finish INCLUDING clean up. Doesn’t get any better than that, does it?!
As I was playing with my kids the other day, it hit me. Why not make an Oreo crumb topping for the same recipe. I made them and fell in love! They are SO good! All you Oreo lovers out there will be quite pleased by this recipe.
- 1 can Original Pillsburry Crescent Rolls
- ¼ cup cold butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 6 Double Stuffed Oreos
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- In a food processor, grind Oreos into fine crumbs.
- In a medium bowl, combine Oreo crumbs, brown sugar, white sugar and flour.
- Cut cold butter into Oreo-sugar mixture to form a crumb.
- On an ungreased cookie sheet, separate crescent roll dough into 8 triangles. Sprinkle crumbs on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 8-12 minutes.
- After they were cooked and cooled, I cut them into smaller triangles but you can leave them big too!
- To make glaze: Blend together all the glaze ingredients and drizzle over Sugar Crumb Crispies.