I absolutely LOVE chili. It is such a hearty, filling and protein packed dinner. With a beef and a variety of beans and flavor, this will be one chili recipe you will want to make over and over again!
I particularly love this slow cooker version because it simplifies the meal even more. Life is constantly taxiing around my children to all there different schools and events, so when I can make something into a slow cooker recipe, I am one happy camper. My slow cooker saves dinner at my house multiple times a week.
This meal is a great choice for a cold busy day. My kids and husband are always thrilled when its Chili night at our house :)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 28 oz can crushed tomato
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 2 (15 oz) cans kidney beans, drained
- 15 os can white kidney beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons Frank's hot sauce
- Cook beef in a medium skillet until done. Drain grease.
- Place beef in slow cooker and add onion, green pepper, garlic, crushed tomato, tomato sauce, all beans, salt, pepper, chili powder and hot sauce.
- Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.