Cookies are such a delicious and easy treat to make. Cookies are usually the dessert I make when I have to take a yummy goodie into a few people at one time.
Chocolate Chip Cookies are classic and absolutely wonderful. Don’t get me wrong. But I like to change things up from time to time and serve people a cookie that is unique, delicious and different. And these cookies are just that!
These Tropical Chunk Cookies are loaded to the max and packed with so many delicious ingredients! Coconut, Macadamia Nuts, White Chocolate Chips- each bite is fantastic! This recipe comes from one of those cookbooks my grandma compiled of all her recipes that she has used for decades. It really is delicious and there really is a reason it has stood the test of time, they are amazing! :) The dough did seem to be on the drier side, don’t let that alarm you, they bake up so nicely!
If you love white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, you will love this take on them!
- 12 oz. white chocolate chips, divided
- ½ teaspoon shortening or oil
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1¾ cup flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt 1 cup of white chocolate chips with ½ teaspoon shortening in a small microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments, stirring between each increment until chocolate is melted. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat well. Stir in melted chocolate until smooth and well blended.
- Gradually add flour, baking soda, salt and mix until well combined.
- Add in coconut and macadamia nuts and remaining chocolate chips and mix until evenly mixed in.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and gently press down a bit and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 9-11 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Let cookies cool.