This Peaches and Cream Bread Pudding is an excellent breakfast or dessert. It is sweet and a beautiful blend of flavors.
I love a delicious breakfast that gets my entire family excited to eat. Peaches are a crowd favorite in my home so I knew this recipe would be a winner. I mean, who doesn’t love peaches and cream?!
The brown sugar syrup is a perfect combo to pair alongside the peaches. It takes this bread pudding to the next level. This is great for feeding a crowd, special occasions or simply a weekend breakfast.
Peaches and Cream Bread Pudding
- 7 peaches peeled and sliced
- 1 loaf french bread sliced 3/4 inch thick
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
Brown Sugar Syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place bread in two or three rows in the baking dish overlapping each other.
- Place the sliced peaches in between the bread slices.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, 1 cup sugar, brown sugar, cream, milk and vanilla and mix well.
- Pour 3/4 of the egg mixture over the top of the bread and peaches. (You may not need it all).
- Make sure bread is all coated. (Sometimes I have to take them out one at a time to dip them in the remaining egg mixture.)
- Add the remaining egg mixture if necessary.
- Sprinkle with 2 Tablespoons sugar and bake for about 60 minutes, or until it is cooked completely through. If it starts to over brown before the centers are cooked through, cover it with foil until it is finished cooking.
Brown Sugar Syrup
- Combine butter, brown sugar, and buttermilk in medium sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium high heat stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and baking soda.
- Stir and drizzle over bread pudding.