Maple Bacon Chicken
This Maple Bacon Chicken is sweet and savory and has such a wonderful combination of flavors. The mustard adds the perfect unexpected contrast to balance out the sweet. This easy family friendly meal will become a new regular!
MAPLE BACON CHICKEN
Right now I need all the easy, quick and family friendly dinners I can make. Life. Is. BUSY! And that is actually underplaying it. Between soccer games, field trips, homework, dance, busy toddler and a baby under 1- I am constantly on the go.
This meal was perfection for my family. The flavor was one we could all agree upon. There was none left over and it was truly a hit.
The garlic, bacon, mustard, maple and brown sugar fuse together beautifully and seamlessly. The flavor combo is a match made in heaven! The chicken is cooked to perfection and is complimented wonderfully by the maple bacon glaze.
WHAT TEMPERATURE DOES CHICKEN NEED TO BE COOKED TO?
165 degrees F
This will quickly become a new family favorite and a regular dinner rotation. I am sure you will love it as much as we do!
- 5 to 6 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 Tablespoon garlic
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- Pound the chicken until it is fairly flat and there are not any thicker portions.
- Salt and pepper the chicken.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat and oil. Place chicken in skillet and cook on each side for about 5 minutes. Check that there is no longer any pink in center to make sure it is cooked through and cook longer if needed to reach appropriate temperature.
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- Wipe skillet to remove any residue.
- Over medium high heat, melt butter.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add brown sugar, maple syrup, mustard, and bacon. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low and simmer for 3 minutes until sugar is dissolved.
- Add chicken back in and spoon sauce over chicken and cook for another 2 minutes.
Other recipes you may enjoy:
Beautiful ! Whenever I stop by, you are full of pleasant surprises ! Thank you for this one !
Leave a Comment