This Korean Beef Bulgogi is packed with delicious intense flavor. The beef is tender, juicy and marinated in a perfect blend of ingredients. The Gochujang Mayo is amazing and compliments the beef wonderfully.
I am not going to lie. This Korean Beef Bulgogi has soared up to one of my all time favorite meals. It is jam packed with flavor in every single bite. My dad has been making this meal for a while and it quickly became our family’s most requested dinner anytime we get together.
I haven’t been home to visit for dinner in quite some time because of the current pandemic going around so I made him type up the recipe so I could make it at home.
This recipe is one hundred percent a total showstopper. My husband adores this meal and my kids request it often. This has a bit of a kick to it, but the perfect amount of kick.
The Gochujang Mayo is a must make. It is insanely delicious and an incredible balance of flavors when paired with the beef.
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast, thinly sliced
- 1 cup white onion, thinly sliced
- 3 Tablespoons gochujang
- 1½ teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1½ Tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1½ Tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup mayo
- 2 Tablespoons gochujang
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2½ teaspoons sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Green onions for garnish
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Cooked sushi rice
- In a large bowl combine onion, gochujang, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds, and sugar. Mix well to combine all ingredients.
- Add beef to marinade. Coat the beef well and then cover with a lid or saran wrap.
- Marinate for 2 to 8 hours.
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray and then place meat and remaining marinade in slow cooker on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours or until beef is cooked through.
- Mix two Tablespoons of cornstarch with 1½ Tablespoons of water.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into the remaining juice's and marinade. Stir frequently until it begins to thicken.
- Preheat oven to broiler setting.
- Cover a cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- With a slotted spoon remove meat from slow cooker and place on covered cookie sheet.
- Place meat under the broiler for 3 to 5 minutes or until the meat is slightly charred.
- In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients and mix well. Store in airtight container.
- Serve meat over sushi rice.
- Pour thickened marinade over meat.
- Drizzle gochujang mayo over the meat.
- Sprinkle with green onion and more sesame seeds if desired.