These Cashew Peanut Butter Protein Balls are the perfect snack or energy bite. This is a recipe the whole family will enjoy and is great to pack in a little extra protein during the day. Make them ahead and store in an airtight container in the fridge for a quick, on the go, delicious snack.
There is no truer statement than to say my kids are ALWAYS hungry. Always. I am not a big fan of a sugar loaded snack or drink, so having a healthier option ready to go has become a must, especially while we are quarantined.
I hope you and your loved ones are are staying well and healthy. This is such a weird world we live in right now with so much uncertainty and unprecedented events. Thank you for your patience while I have been developing a new normal in my home. Some of you a while back remember my husband’s scary bout with Guillain Barre Syndrome, during which his spleen spontaneously ruptured. It required an emergency splenectomy. Because of these two things combined, he falls into the immunocompromised, high-risk category. Things have been crazy around here as we have had to deal with our new normal of having a high-risk family member, homeschooling 3 different grades, and forming schedules. As hard as it has been, I have loved spending time with my cute family and rediscovering a passion for being in the kitchen.
Protein Balls are one of the must-have snacks in the fridge. My kids love them in all their varieties, including my anti-peanut butter child. It provides healthier ingredients while packing a bit extra protein in their diets. These are definitely a snack that I don’t have guilt about them eating when that anticipated “Mom, I’m hungry” plea occurs.
If you are looking for a tasty, healthy snack, give these Cashew Peanut Butter Protein Bites a try!
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup plus 2 Tablespoons lightly chopped roasted cashews halves
- ¼ cup plus 3 Tablespoons Craisins
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine oats, cashews, Craisins, ginger, salt, peanut butter, and honey.
- Mix well and refrigerate mixture for 30 minutes or 10 in the freezer.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and shape mixture into 1 inch balls.
- Cover in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.