Mushroom. Pepper Jack. Burger. Pretzel Bun. Sliders. And trust me, these will definitely “knock your socks off!”
This recipe is hands down delicious and would be the PERFECT thing to serve at your next game day party… or really anytime in general.
Mushrooms happen to be my favorite vegetable, but don’t let that deter you if you are not a mushroom person. My husband, who actually typically loathes mushrooms, claimed these as a “Hubby Favorite!” He absolutely LOVED them! So if my anti-mushroom husband chalked them up to the hubby favorites list- you really can’t knock it until you try it!
The Pretzel Bun really adds something special to this recipe. I find my pretzel rolls at Costco. Have you tried some yet? If not, you are truly missing out! Our family goes through a bag a week.
The mini burger patties are so fun! The pepper jack cheese is the perfect kick of flavor to compliment them. These sliders are just the right size and perfect for tailgating crowds.
If you are looking for a recipe that will please the masses and have everyone asking for the recipe, make these!
- 1 lbs. ground beef
- 12 Pretzel rolls
- 6 slices pepper jack cheese, cut in half to make 12 pieces
- mayonnaise to spread over the inside of the rolls
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic or 4 garlic cloves minced
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup beef broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch + 2 Tablespoons cold water mixed together
- ½ cup butter
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Divide the ground beef into 12 small patties. I cook them in a giant skillet until browned and cooked through. After they are cooked set aside.
- In large skillet melt 3 Tablespoons butter. Add mushrooms and garlic. Sauté until tender. Add Worcestershire sauce, cream, beef broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and add cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly. Once thickened, remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Slice open pretzel buns and spread mayo over the top and bottom. Place patties on the bottom of bun and add place the pepper jack cheese on top. Spoon mushroom sauce over the top and replace the top of the bun. Put the sliders in buttered 9x13 baking dish. Melt the ½ cup of butter for the topping and add the poppy seeds and Worcestershire sauce and spoon over the top of the sliders. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Serve hot.