This Key Lime Pie Bundt Cake has such a light, zesty and refreshing flavor! It is super moist and the cream cheese frosting on top is the perfect finishing touch!
About 6 years ago, my husband and I took a cruise to the Bahamas. One of our stops was in Key West, Florida. It was then that I had my first bite of Key Lime Pie. It was tart, sweet and absolutely heavenly! I made an easy and quick version of the Key Lime Pie that you can check out if you are interested :)
This bundt cake was inspired after the delicious key lime pie that so many of us love and adore!
The flavors are all there and infused into each bite of this moist and delicious bundt cake.
This cake is a summertime must! It is has such a light and refreshing flavor and an absolutely creamy and perfect cream cheese frosting over top.
We made this for a family BBQ on the 4th and it was a huge hit! It received countless compliments and requests to have it debut again soon. If you are looking for the perfect summer dessert for your next gathering, give this Key Lime Pie Bundt Cake a try!
- 1 white cake mix, dry not prepared
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding, dry not prepared
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup oil
- ¾ cup key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 drops green food color if desired
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Zest of key limes to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding, eggs, sour cream, sugar, oil, key lime juice and vanilla. Beat for three minutes. Add green food color if you desire.
- Pour into a bundt pan that has been greased and floured.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a rack for 5 minutes. Then remove from pan and cool completely.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat on high until smooth. Spoon frosting into a piping bag and pipe the frosting over the top.
- Sprinkle with key lime zest if desired