Raspberry Cream Cheese Danish Braid
This Raspberry Cream Cheese Danish Braid is SO simple and tastes incredible! The puff pastry just melts in your mouth and is perfectly paired with a cream cheese filling and a delicious raspberry sauce.
Pastries are probably one of my favorite desserts right next to chocolate. I love the buttery, flaky, melt in your mouth texture it creates.
After making the Patriotic Pastry and my Blueberry Danish Puff, I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it. Trust me, ITS THAT GOOD! I knew I wanted something similar but also wanted to make some adaptions and this little beauty was born.
It has a delicious sweet cream cheese filling and a wonderful raspberry sauce. It is sweetened just perfectly so that there is a subtle hint of tart to each bite.
This is such an easy dessert to make! It uses sheets of puff pastry, which in my opinion, tastes just as great as completely homemade and creates the perfect flake each and every time!
If you are looking for a quick and easy dessert that is packed with incredible flavor, give this recipe a try! People will be raving about it FOREVER!
- ¾ cup raspberries
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1½ Tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 box puff pastry (2 sheets), thawed to room temperature
- 1¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon Almond Extract
- pinch of salt
- In a medium sauce pan, combine all the raspberry sauce ingredients ingredients and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes. Set aside
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, and almond extract. Beat until smooth and creamy and set aside.
- Open thawed puff pastry sheets on a flat working that has been sprinkled lightly with flour surface.
- Roll dough to make the square even. You aren't rolling to hard though, just lightly enough that you can get all the sides even. The dough will still look like a trifold with creases.
- With kitchen scissors, or a pizza cutter, make 9 even slits on both sides of the puff pastry, leaving the middle third of the 'trifold' untouched. BE CAREFUL NOT TO GO PAST THE FOLD LINES. Do this to both pastry sheets.
- Divide the cream cheese filling in half and carefully spread down the center of the pastry sheet of both pastries.
- Next carefully spoon some of the raspberry sauce over the cream cheese layer. Repeat for both pastures.
- Next starting at the top of the pasty fold the flaps diagonally and alternately over the raspberry layer. When you get to the end, tuck the ends under the pastry sheet. Repeat with remaining pastry. Place on cookie sheet line with parchment.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Drizzle the frosting over the top of pastry after it has been allowed its cooling time.
Erin @ Making Memories
You're killing me! This looks so delicious and is making me starving. YUM!
Leave a Comment