Hot Cocoa Brownies
Hot Chocolate is a MUST in the winter. There are few things better than snuggling up in a warm cozy blanket sipping on some hot chocolate.
These brownies take it to a whole new level! The hot cocoa powder is used in the brownie mix and the toasted gooey marshmallows are the perfect finishing touch!
If you are searching for a delicious winter treat, then give these a try! They are delicious!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ½ cup hot cocoa mix
- 1⅔ cup flour
- 1 10 oz. bag large marshmallows
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add salt, cocoa, hot cocoa mix and flour and mix until well incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Pour into greased 9x13 inch baking pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 22-25 minutes or until brownies are done and toothpick test comes out clean.
- While baking, cut large marshmallows in half.
- Once brownies have cooked, place halved marshmallows uncut side up, over tops of brownies. Place under broiler for a few seconds until marshmallows are golden and nicely toasted- WATCH CLOSELY so as not to burn them and so they don't catch on fire.
Averie @ Averie Cooks
Wow, this is what I want for breakfast! They look incredible and what a gorgeous photo! And just perfectly toasted marshmallows (I burned more than my fair share!) Pinned! :)
Angelyn @ Everyday Desserts
hot cocoa is easily one of my favorite things about winter - loving these brownies!!
These look amazing. I would love to make them but for the unsweetened cocoa, it just says 1/4 - is that a 1/4 cup? Thank you so much! :)
Chef in Training
so sorry! 1/4 cup :)
Well my daughters tried making these brownies to your exact recipe; however the brownies were not done by no means and the marshmallows were on fire in less than a minute.
Maybe it would be best to add 32 minutes for the brownies and the marshmallows be added during the last 15 minutes of baking for safer and more accurate results.
Chef in Training
So sorry for your troubles! I made note to continue cooking until brownies are done and toothpick test comes out clean. I also changed it to just a few seconds and capitalized "watch closely" so that others don't have your same problem. Again so sorry for your troubles with the recipe and Thanks for helping in clarification!
Leave a Comment