These Snickers Cookies are a complete show stopper. Seriously. This is one of those recipes that stopped me in my own tracks to marvel in its brilliance!
Look at those gorgeous layers. How can you pass this cookie up?!
If you love Snickers, then you will absolutely LOVE these cookies! Shortbread cookies topped with nougat, caramel, peanuts and chocolate! They are seriously heaven!
The layers fuse together in each bite to create a little piece of pure heaven.
The cookie base is a little crispy which helps bring some much needed texture to all of its ooey-gooey deliciousness.
If you are looking for that *perfect* cookie for your holiday gift plates, party or cookie exchange- then look no further. These cookies are absolutely magical and SO yummy!
And I think this is the most pictures I have put in one post because I simply couldn’t decide which one did it justice more. So I’ll let you pick ;)
- 1½ cups butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¾ cup peanuts
- 16 oz. marshmallow fluff
- 1½ cup peanut halves, divided
- 15 oz of caramel (I use Peter's caramel that comes in a 5 lb. block because I can simply just melt it down in the microwave as is and its ready to go, no evaporated milk required, but you can use Kraft caramels as well. Just follow package directions for melting)
- 2 Tablespoons evaporated milk
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Add vanilla, flour and salt and mix until well combined.
- Dump dough onto a lightly flour surface.
- Roll dough out to ½ inch thick.
- With a small biscuit cutter, cut out cookies and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F 14-16 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cookies cool completely.
- Melt butter over med high heat. Add milk and sugar and bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes. Stirring regularly. Remove from heat and add marshmallow fluff and peanut butter. Stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla and 1 cup of peanuts. Frost cool cookies immediately after nougat has cooked while it is still warm. Nougat layer sets up as it cools.
- Melt caramel according to package directions. Spread over cooled nougat frosted cookies. Sprinkle with additional peanuts while caramel is still warm. Let caramel cool completely before spreading on the chocolate.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening in 30 second increments, stirring in between each increment until melted and smooth. Carefully spread or drizzle over the tops of cooled caramel/peanuts.
- Let chocolate set before eating and serving. I popped mine in the fridge/freezer to get the chocolate to set faster.
Emily @ Life on Food
I love everything about these cookies.
I always mean to try a lot of recipes, but there are so many. These are going to the top, though. I have to do this!!
Averie @ Averie Cooks
I love that you actually built a Snickers bar as a cookie rather than just chopping up Snickers and baking them into cookies which I've done. These look amazing and so perfect! I love Snickers! Pinned :)
Oh . . . girl . . . these look out of control delicious.
I love that these are the ingredients of Snickers and not chopped up Snickers added to the dough. I have saved your recipe to my ChefTap app and will include them in my Christmas cookie platters.
You did not include the directions for making the shortbread cookie other than the ingredients and baking time and temperature. Do you roll these into balls and flatten them or cut them out? Thanks.
Chef in Training
so sorry about that. I don't know what happened to those directions. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. The recipe is updated to include them now :)
Yes she did- it's steps 1-6
where are the instructions for the shortbread cookie? All it says is to bake at 350 for 14-16 min...confusing!
Instructions for the cookies please!
About how many cookies do you get when you make one portion? I usually double it up anyway , but I want to have an idea since its for a cookie exchange party and I need a bunch! Thank you!!
Where can you buy Peter's caramel?
Chef in Training
I buy mine at some local kitchen specialty stores.
These look amazing! How many does it make?
Love your recipes!!!!
Do you use a total of 2 1/2 cups of peanuts or are peanuts accidentally listed twice? Thanks!
There was twice as much nougat mixture as I needed. Are you sure these are the right measures? The cookies were delicious but I threw away half a pan of the nougat
How many cookies does this recipe produce?
Loved these cookies! Made them fir my son's teacher who is a nut about snickers!
Next time I would change a few things. I would roll the cookies to 1/4" thick. I think the 1/2 is too thick. When I made the nougat I didn't have enough marshmallow fluff so Based on another comment about having too much nougat, I cut the nougat in half and had the perfect amount. I would go high end on the caramel and the chocolate. I used Nestle Milk Chocolate Chips and it just too sweet
How many does it make?
Leave a Comment