Grilled Buffalo Chicken
This Grilled Buffalo Chicken begins with a delicious buffalo sauce marinade that is packed with a kick! This is such a fun and tasty grill recipe!
Summer flew by. School is in session, but the heat is still here. Which means, I am still outside grilling to keep the heat outside.
I LOVE grill recipes and this one is no exception. This buffalo marinade is phenomenal and packed with a kick! We served this at a family get together and it received such high compliments! It is an addition form the Buffalo Chicken Wings recipe and is absolutely fantastic!
I also love this Grilled Buffalo Chicken because it marinades overnight, make it dinner prep even easier the day of. All you do is throw it on the grill. I reserved a little bit of the sauce before it touched the raw chicken and stored it in an airtight container in the fridge to be able to lather on a little bit extra after it had been grilled and cooked.
This received thumbs up all the way around! Give this a try before you retire the grill for the year ;) You will be happy you did!
- 6 chicken breasts
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup cayenne pepper sauce
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- Combine cayenne pepper sauce, oil, sugar cayenne pepper, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper in a medium saucepan and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Place chicken in a zip lock baggie and add buttermilk. Coat well. Pour in buffalo sauce and mix again. Marinate chicken for it least for hours or overnight.
- Heat grill to medium high and grill chicken for 5 minutes per side. Cook until the pink is gone. Time will vary depending on the size of your chicken.
- Top with blue cheese crumbles if desired or serve with ranch.
The recipe calls for 1 cup of cayenne pepper, but do you mean cayenne pepper sauce???
Ryan | A Polished Palate
I love buffalo chicken recipes! This sounds delicious!
Leave a Comment