This recipe is absolutely wonderful! Perfect flavor, texture and always a hit! The apples are cooked to perfection with the perfect crunchy topping.
With all this chilly weather, I love food that just warms you up and puts a smile on your face.
Apple Crisp is a favorite of mine this time of year. This recipe is perfection. Perfectly cooked apples. Perfectly crunchy topping. Perfect mouthful. Each and every time.
This is a very simple recipe and is a delight to eat. Top with some ice cream and let it melt over the top to create an amazing and unforgettable bite.
- 4¼ cups apples, sliced (I use half granny smith and half galaAbout 4 apples)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- 3 Tablespoons butter, cold and cut in small cubes
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- ¼ cup butter, cold
- ½ cup oats
- ⅓ cup flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray an 8"x8" baking dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl combine apples, lemon juice, orange juice, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Toss until all the apples are well coated. Toss the butter and the flour with the apple mixture. Pour into the baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine butter, oats, flour and brown sugar. Cut the butter into the other ingredients until you have a crumbly mixture.
- Spread crumb topping over the apples and bake at 375 degrees F for 35 minutes or until the apples are tender.