This is a delicious meal packed with flavor and tasty ingredients! This will quickly become a new family favorite!
It snowed here yesterday… which means its cold and basically I am looking for comfort food. Lots and lots of comfort food. The snow and I aren’t always on the best of terms… only when its Christmas ;)
I have been looking for ways to change up meals in our dinner rotation to add new flare and spice things up a bit!
This Beef Pot Pie was a delicious change up to the menu! My family devoured it and my husband had nothing but rave things to say! I call that a win :)
- 2 pie crusts dough, you can use a homemade recipe such as mine or for a quick dinner I use Pillsbury
- 2½ cups cooked stew meat, I love my pressure cooker for a quick tender meat in 30 minutes! (SAVE BEEF BROTH)
- 1½ cup diced potatoes cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups beef broth, use the remaining beef broth from cooking the stew meat and additional beef broth if necessary to get 2 cups
- 1 cup milk
- 1 beef bouillon cube, crushed
- Set pie crusts and cooked stew meat aside.
- Add potatoes and carrots to a large pot of boiling salt water. Cook until tender and Do not overcook. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter and add flour and cook for 1 minute. Add beef broth, milk and bouillon. Bring to a boil and stir until thickened..
- In a 9 inch pie plate place pie crust on the bottom.
- Combine meat, potatoes, carrots and peas to gravy and pour into pie.
- Place top crust over the top of meat mixture. Pinch edges together to seal. With thumb and index finger make a fluted edge.
- Brush top with slightly beaten egg.
- Bake at 375 F for 45 to 55 minutes or until golden brown.