Crispy Marshmallow Brownies
These Crispy Marshmallow Brownies are comprised of three divine layers. The base being a rich fudgy brownie. They are then topped with gooey marshmallow and completed with a chocolate rice crispy layer. These are heavenly and the perfect combination of textures.
Fall and seasonal baking is in full swing. I LOVE to have after school snacks/treats for my kids when they get home. One of our current favorites are these Crispy Marshmallow Brownies.
Each layer of this dessert brings something new and exciting to the table. When the three combine you get an insanely delicious combination of flavor and textures.
The brownie base is my favorite and the most used brownie base recipe on the blog. You can never go wrong with marshmallow and brownie which is why the second layer is the perfect middle layer. On top, there is a yummy chocolate rice crispy layer who’s texture enhances each bite.
If you need a fantastic, unique and tasty treat, give this recipe a try!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1⅓ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable shortening
- 3 cups rice crispy cereal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined. Add cocoa, flour and salt and stir until just mixed.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and bake at for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Sprinkle marshmallows evenly over brownies and broil for about 2 minutes or until marshmallows begin to puff. Remove from oven and cool.
- Place chocolate chips and vegetable shortening in a medium microwavable mixing bowl and microwave chocolate on high for 1 minute. Stir and repeat the process until the chips are melted.
- Stir in rice crispy cereal and carefully spread over the top of marshmallow.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting.
Leave a Comment