Spicy Basil Chicken
This Spicy Basil Chicken is packed with delicious flavor. It has a fantastic and perfectly proportioned kick of heat that enhances the taste of the dish. The ingredient list is minimal which makes this an easy and quick meal.
This Spicy Basil Chicken has everything you want in a meal compacted into a simple and tasty recipe. Don’t let the name fool you. I am a whimp when it comes to heat in my food. I am not a fan of spicy dishes. However, this dish is perfectly seasoned. The kick of heat balances out the sweetness of the basil and makes each mouthful both exciting and delectable.
Colder weather has arrived and it literally came almost over night. I saw the funniest joke about this year’s weather the other day. It said, “The weather went from 90 to 55 like it saw a state trooper on the highway.” I don’t know why this cracked me up so much but it couldn’t be more true. It was so abrupt. When it is cold outside I love warm and filling dinners and this one fits the bill.
Paired with rice, this meal is filling and delicious. It is pretty healthy and one my family couldn’t gobble up quick enough.
- 1 teaspoon corn starch and 1 Tablespoon water
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ Tablespoon garlic
- 3 Tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 3 Tablespoon finely diced sweet onion
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoon fresh basil, chopped and divided
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Mix cornstarch and water in small bowl. Set aside.
- Salt chicken.
- Heat large wok or large skillet to medium high. Add olive oil and cubed chicken. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, green onion, diced sweet onion, soy sauce, 2 Tablespoons fresh basil, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook until chicken is done.
- Add cornstarch mixture and cook for another minute.
- Serve immediately. It pairs wonderfully with rice.
Love the Mediterranean touch !
Leave a Comment