These Crisp Gingersnaps have all the holiday and seasonal flavor wrapped up in to each delicious snap. Molasses, cinnamon and ginger come to life in these cookies and make it a favorite this time of year. They have the perfect snap and are such a holiday classic.
I absolutely LOVE this season! I love the meaning behind it all, I love the decorations, I love the music and I love the food. Holiday baking has always been such a fond holiday memory as long as I can remember. I would bake with, or sit and visit with, my mom as she baked for all the neighbors and Christmas gatherings. Anything from cinnamon rolls to cookies she did it all. The smell of spices, particularly ginger, takes me right back to her kitchen.
I have a gingersnap recipe on the blog but it is a Chewy Gingersnap recipe. I actually love chewy cookies BUT there have been a few requests for a Crisp Gingersnap cookie recipe and I am more than happy to deliver. If you are more of a chewy cookie person, DEFINITELY check out that other recipe (the reviews are amazing :) ) but if you are on the snap and crispy gingersnap side, this is the cookie recipe for you! They are absolutely DELICIOUS! Happy holiday baking!
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar (plus sugar to roll the cookies in)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3½ teaspoon ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar for about 2 minutes.
- Add egg and molasses and beat again until fluffy.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ginger together and add to the molasses mixture.
- Mix until well combined. Do not overmix.
- Place about a ⅓ of a cup of sugar on a plate.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls.
- Then roll each ball in the sugar.
- Place dough on prepared cookie sheet and bake for 11 to 13 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.