Gingersnaps are a classic winter recipe! These cookies are SO easy and so good!
They are chewier and softer than traditional gingersnaps which is why I love them so much! Chewy and soft cookies are my favorite kind of cookies :)
These cookies would make a fantastic recipe for your cookie exchange. My family couldn’t keep their hands off of them!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 2¼ cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Add egg and molasses and beat until well mixed in. Add ginger, cinnamon, cloves, salt, baking soda and flour and mix until well combined.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and roll each ball in sugar. Repeat for all the dough.
- Place on greased baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 13-15 minutes.