This Cranberry Salsa Cream Cheese Appetizer is an outrageously delicious, show-stopping appetizer. The salsa is sweet, tart and a little kick of heat. It is topped over cool cream cheese. When the two combine over the top of a cracker, it will create a seasonal bite you will never forget! It is always the first to disappear at a party!
Every Christmas holiday my cute sister-in-law makes this INCREDIBLE appetizer. I have lost count of the number of years she has prepared it, but each year I stand amazed at just how good it is. Each sibling could probably pound a recipe themselves… haha…. jk… kinda… ok, we probably could. It is THAT good!
But in all seriousness, this is a MUST MAKE each and every holiday season. It is everyone’s favorite and the first thing to disappear!
The salsa is a blend of sweet, tart and a kick of heat. It is pure holiday bliss packed into one recipe. You pour it over a block of cream cheese and let it cool down the heat and make a flavor and texture combination that is absolutely heavenly.
- 3 cups fresh cranberries, rinsed
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 Tablespoon diced fresh jalapeño, seeds removed before cutting
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup cilantro, minced
- 1½ Tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- In a food processor pulse until cranberries are finely chopped.
- In a medium bowl add chopped cranberries, green onion, sugar, lemon juice, cilantro and ginger and mix well.
- Cover tightly and allow at least 2-4 hours of time in the fridge before eating.
- Spoon over cream cheese.
- Serve with your favorite crackers.