These Coconut Lime Sugar Cookies are BEYOND delicious! They have such a subtle yet perfect sweet and citrusy flavor that is perfect anytime of year!
I recently went to this DELICIOUS cookie shop called Twisted Sugar Cookies. Their cookie menu is INSANELY delicious! They have several cookies that I created copy cats for that I can’t wait to share with you, but first up is their classic “Twisted Sugar” cookie. It is a coconut lime sugar cookie and it is FAN-TASTIC!
They are all about their frostings for the flavor, but I decided I wanted to add some lime flavor to my sugar cookie base to add just a bit more citrus goodness to the taste.
The Coconut Lime frosting is OUT OF THIS WORLD! Seriously. Coconut and Lime were made for each other and these cookies could not be any more yummy!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1¼ cup sugar plus ⅓ cup sugar to roll cookies in
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 2 eggs
- 5 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1½ teaspoons lime juice
- 5½ cups powdered sugar
- Sliced limes for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together butter, sugar and powdered sugar.
- Add lime juice and eggs and beat again.
- Add flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt and mix until it comes together. Do not over mix.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and then roll them in the ⅓ cup of reserved sugar and place onto the cookie sheets. (9 balls per sheet.)
- Spray a glass drinking glass with vegetable spray and then dip it into the sugar.
- Press the glass into each ball and twist to make a rough edge. (Don't go too deep, you still want a nice thick cookie.)
- Bake for 8-9 minutes until cookie looks cooked but not brown. You want these to seem a little under-done for a soft cookie. Get it too crispy and it won't have the same delicious melt in your mouth effect.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and beat until creamy and smooth.
- Frost each cookie and garnish with a lime wedge.
Other recipes you may enjoy are: