This is an incredibly moist cake loaded with coconut flavor! The Cream Cheese Frosting on top is the perfect pairing. This cake with be loved by all who try it!
Coconut happens to be a favorite in my family. It is a weakness for both my mom and dad, particularly my dad. Any dessert with coconut in it has him running to the kitchen. Even the smell of it is enough to make us all go weak in the knees.
I knew I had to take my favorite bundt cake recipe and adapt it to have that coconut flavor and the end result was extraordinary!
This cake will be one of THE moistest cakes you ever have the pleasure of trying. The cream cheese frosting is the perfect complement to it.
This was the first dessert gone at the gathering I took it to and everyone had the highest praises about it. This will definitely be a recipe I make time and time again. I know you will love it just as much as we do!
- 1 white cake mix, dry not prepared
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding, dry not prepared
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup oil
- ¾ cup water
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup sweetened coconut
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup toasted coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding, eggs, sour cream, sugar, oil, water and coconut extract and beat for three minutes. Stir in the coconut.
- Pour into a bundt pan that has been greased and floured.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a rack for 15 minutes. Then remove from pan and cool completely.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat on high until smooth. Spoon frosting into a piping bag and pipe the frosting over the top.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut.