I have been obsessed with coconut and the flavor as of late. It may be that summer fling, but I can’t seem to get enough of it.
My Lemon Cookies are one of the most raved about recipes on my blog. The reviews speak for themselves and have been deemed by many as “THE BEST” Lemon Cookies out there. You may just have to try them for yourself if you haven’t already ;)
They are so good in fact, that I decided to give them a coconut twist. And thus these beautiful Coconut Cookies were born.
These cookies are soft and chewy and have such a delicious flavor!
If you love coconut, you are going to love these cookies!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoons coconut extract
- 4 Tablespoon milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups toasted coconut for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together.
- Add egg and beat in well.
- Add cocnut extract.
- Add salt, baking powder and flour and mix until well incorporated.
- Roll cookies into 1 inch balls and place on greased cookie sheet. Space cookie dough balls about 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden on the edges of cookies.
- Combine glaze ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth glaze is formed. Drizzle as much as desired over slightly warmed cookies and sprinkle with toasted coconut. Finish cooling completely before eating.