Summer just wouldn’t be summer here on the blog if I didn’t post some sort of Lemon-Blueberry combo. And today, this refreshing and delicious flavor combo debuts itself in a poke cake. Can you say, “Heaven”?!
Each and every bite of this Lemon Blueberry Poke Cake is packed with that light and delicious flavor and it is beyond fabulous! The whipped topping only adds to the lightness of the cake,
This cake is easy, delectable and refreshing. The flavor is infused all throughout the cake, making each bite equally as delicious as the last.
Don’t pass this recipe up!
- 1 lemon cake mix
- 1 small box lemon pudding
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup oil
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 12 ounce whipped topping, such as cool whip thawed to room temperature
- 1½ cups water
- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large mixing bowl combine all cake ingredients, (except for the cool whip) and beat for 3 minutes. Spray a 9x13 baking dish and pour batter into it.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 45 minutes, until the cake is done. Test with a toothpick by inserting the toothpick into the cake. If it comes out clean it is done. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water sugar and cornstarch to a boil. Let boil until thickened. Add blueberries and cook for another 7 minutes.
- Allow to cool while cake is finishing baking.
- After cake has cooled 10 minutes poke holes in cake with a wooden spoon handle. Pour sauce evenly over cake, allowing blueberry sauce to get down into the holes.
- Refrigerate until completely cool.
- Spread cool whip evenly over the top.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.