Creamy Italian Penne Pasta with Vegetables
Have you ever made a meal that made your tastebuds do a party dance?!
Let me introduce you to the Creamy Italian Penne Pasta with vegetables.
I seriously cannot talk up this meal enough. Words can’t even do it justice…. it is THAT good.
If you are looking of the star meal to put into your dinner rotation or weekly menu, this would be the one. Don’t believe me on how good it is, make it for yourself and see! It is unbelievably scrumptious! Everyone in my family gobbled it up quickly. Even my picky eaters were asking for seconds and thirds. That is saying something :)
- 1 box Penne pasta, cooked according to package
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups sliced red bell pepper, (2 large peppers)
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups yellow squash, sliced
- 2 cups chopped Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 envelope Italian dressing mix
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Cook pasta and place in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet Add olive oil, mushrooms, red peppers, and garlic. Sauté on high for 5 minutes. Add squash and cook an additional 2 minutes. Add chicken, salt, pepper, cream and Italian dressing. Pour vegetable mixture over pasta and mix well.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes and serve
Can you whole milk instead of cream?
Nikki, this looks delicious! I think I know what I am having for dinner tonight!
What is An envelope of the Italian dressing mix?
Meg @ Pinch of Nutmeg
This looks so good and so easy too! Love that it has plenty of vegetables built right into the dish.
How many ounces was the box of Penne you used?
I absolutely love Penne pasta...and mushrooms...and garlic...and red peppers...and the list goes on and on. I like that you used Rotisserie chicken because I use Rotisserie chicken to make many of my meals because it is so easy to go pick one up at the grocery store. I am not much of a meat eater, but I like the white meat of the chicken in casseroles, soups, etc. My husband likes the dark meat, so he has a couple of meals of long legs and thighs, and there are a couple of cups of white meat left over. If I am not making a recipe with the white meat right away, I chop it up and freeze it in a FoodSaver bag. I do use it within a few days, however, to make soups, enchiladas, or pasta dishes. This pasta dish is a perfect recipe for me. Thanks for sharing!
This looks & sounds great and by adding extra garlic to the pasta water it will even be super healthy for my diabetic husband (not that he has to know that).
Leave a Comment